Thursday, August 2, 2007

Don't eat these flowers

I am at home today. Stupid, stupid summer colds! I HATE them. You are soooo unbelievealbly tired, yet when you lay down to sleep you can't. Then you cough...and cough...and cough...and cough some more and if you are one of the REALLY lucky ones, you cough so hard you make sick! Mmmmmm.....yummy. I can't smell, I can't taste, I can't breathe, I can't think and I can't sleep. Brutal.

While wallowing in my feverish self-pity party, I wondered what the common cold virus looked like anyway. Was it ugly and green? Did it have horns? Maybe it looked like No Heart from Care Bears or the Purple Pie Man from Strawberry Shortcake? Thanks to the good old internet, I found out. It isn't mean or nasty, grey or pointy, but rather pretty teals, blues, yellows and greens all balanced in to a crystal-like symmetry. It reminded me of a flower centre of some sort. I decided to see what it would look like if I put some petals on it...pretty no? Hard to think that this colorful fun little thing is making me so miserable. At least it made for some good art inspiration and a nice blog header.

The Pug is on the couch doing what he does best, and after a cup of Green Tea, I think I will join him. Right now, Maury is probably in the process of revealing that someone "Is.........NOT THE FATHER" and I think that his genre of mindless smut T.V. might just put me to sleep.

Ahhhhh.....choo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get better soon! Its tragic without you at work. Don't lose too much of your sprinkles.

Tammy Chomiak-Robson said...

The Purple Pie Man! I totally love that you referred to him. I was talking to someone a little while back and I mentioned the Purple Pie Man and they thought I was nuts.

Hang in there Trace I hope you feel better soon!