Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Wall of Fern



The wall is finished...for now. Yesterday I FINALLY finished the fern design mural thingy on my studio wall. It feels pretty amazing to actually finish something that I wanted to. I mean I finished four loads of laundry, organized the massive pile 'o' linens and clothing in the basement, took The Pug to get his nails clipped and made homemade chicken soup for the still sick Mikey, but this was something I REALLY wanted to finish. Now, when I sit at my computer, I am staring at the wall I painted on. My wall in my room filled with my stuff. Happy, happy.


Of course, there are things I wish I could change on it and things I still will, but all in all it turned out well.

As I said, Mikey is still sick. He and The Pug are still in bed. It's really nice, every morning at 7:00, regardless if it is the weekend, The Pug thinks it is time to go outside. Usually Mikey takes him, but today I thought I would let him sleep. I put on my Supergirl capris and hot pink flip flops and with my eyes half shut, took Guinness out for his morning walk. As usual, he had to visit every tree. He sniffed and marked and continued on up and down both sides of our block. When he was satisfied that his morning inspection was thoroughly completed we went back inside. By this time, of course, I was wide awake. Crawling back in to bed wasn't going to happen. I had to face it, it was Sunday morning at 7:30 and I was up for good. The Pug ran around for a couple minutes while I searched for my glasses. When I found them and returned to the living room to get my camera, I was greeted by a fresh pile of Puggy Poo and The Pug standing beside it staring at me with the "What?" face.

Stunned, I stood there staring back at him. I didn't even know what to say...until a frustrated half-yell erupted, "I just took you outside!!!!!!! Do you not know how this works?! BAD BAD PUGGY!!!!" I guess he thought this meant it was time to play because he started barking and growling and bouncing back and forth infront of me, nipping at the bottom of my Supergirl capris. It was either laugh, cry or scream as he ALWAYS does this for ME and never for Mike. I did a half laugh-scream and went to clean his mess. By the time I was done Puggy Poo Patrol, he was nestled back in bed right next to Mikey and that's where he stayed.

Sitting here, I can hear them having a snoring/grunting competition...and I am still wide awake.

Sunday already? When did that happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Its very Nightmare Before Christmas. Very Tim Burton. So affected. Now I think you should get your entire neighbourhood to paint your houses to look like the set of Edward Scissorhands. That would rule.